Friday, April 28, 2006

Cat: 0 Emily: 1



Last weekend I was bit by a feral cat while volunteering at a spay/neuter day in Chicago. We spayed and neutered over 60 cats from various shelters and rescue groups all free of charge. So while it was a successful day for us, it wasn't a very good day for my hand. I was bitten in the morning by a surprise feral (a undomesticated stray cat) who showed up in a closed carrier rather than a trap and by the time I got home my whole hand was swollen.

So I spent the week in a hospital instead of playing with rosaries.

I did get to neuter the cat though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Saint Kurt said...

Oddly enough, before going to the hospital I went to mass and the homily was about mercy. (It was Divine Mercy Sunday.) The priest giving the mass defined mercy as "not getting what you deserve". (As in, if a bank robber gets away with it rather than going to jail, he has been shown mercy.)

While in the ER waiting room a friend from church and I had a rather humorous conversation about whether or not I had "shown mercy" or "been granted mercy".

In the end though, "I neutered him" simply makes an amusing punchline to a story which is always followed by the listener asking: "What happened to the cat?" I try to leave the metaphysics out of it. :-)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home