Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Precious Cargo

From Europe:





To the United States:





Elwing sent me the top picture about two weeks ago after a day of wandering through a streetmarket. Then today, I got a package filled with all sorts of cool things. I'm not going to get any awards for excellence in lighting, but this is what I get when I open her boxes. The rosaries are get their first cleaning before they are packed but they are usually in minor disrepair. We repair them, I give them their second cleaning and polish them, and we share in the task of identifying everything. (It's amazing how small the silver purity stamps are on some of this stuff, if they bothered to stamp it at all.) It's fun, like a research project, and I'm excited to get started on all those medals!

So that's how it all begins. And I love the cool little wooden boxes that each rosary was packed in. It felt like Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home