Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Viva La Marcasites!


I really like marcasite jewelry. The first piece of jewelry that I ever owned was a marcasite Star of David. Given that I like marcasites so much I always thought that if I could find a marcasite rosary that that would really be something. This one is pretty unusual, but it does have marcasites. I really like the assembly on this rosary. The ivy on the crucifix is really lovely and look - there's that's image of Jesus with the crown of thorns again. It's no suprise that when you flip the crucifix and center medal over it has the same hallmarks as my favorite rosary ever. I guess there's no accounting for taste.

This rosary is really long. I don't know the hanging length, but I can imagine it's around 27 inches. I've also never seen a rosary with a matched bunch of cross medals like this one has. Also they are attached in the middle of each decade (and at the drop) rather than at the Our Fathers like most medals are. It's a very weird, but cool rosary.


Look at all those crosses... And each one has a marcasite in the center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home