Tuesday, June 13, 2006

12 of 12 for June

Here is my 12 of 12 for June. It was actually a busy sort of day...


8:00am FOOD!
Once again forgoing the bleary alarm clock/one eye open picture in favor of what is truly the most important moment of every morning: feeding the cats.





9:30am PG Tips
Preparing sold rosaries to go out in the mail. I'm going to stop at the post office and mail them at some point during my day. Logan is on the table watching the birds at the feeder outside the window. I'm drinking a cup of tea in my favorite vet school mug...





10:50am ShackScaping!
I did some shack beautification over the weekend. I hung up planters and did some raking and sweeping around the place. It's looking more like a little gingerbread house in the woods than usual...





11:00am Biking Weather!
It's gorgeous out so I've left my car at the shack and taken my bike today.





11:30am No direction
Once again I find myself waiting for my spiritual director. I've been trying to received spirtual direction at my church for almost a year and something always happens so that I've never actually had a single meeting. Something has happened again today. Newman hall does have this nice fresco though...





11:40am Thank God for insurance
Since I'm not doing spiritual direction, I run some errands. I have a lot of prescriptions to fill. Like seriously. This is what sucks about migraines.





12:01pm Surrogate Sanctuary
During the summer we have daily mass in this small air conditioned room off to the side of the main chapel.





12:40pm Archway
Going from indoors to out after mass while talking to my friend Patrick who is visiting from Seminary.





1:50pm First day of class
I have my first summer session class in the Animal Sciences Laboratory here on the main campus. It's an 8 week class for 2 hours a day, five days a week.





4:05pm Aesop's Tower of Fable Power
I don't think this is the real name of the sculpture... It's outside the Urbana Free Public Library which is literally in the same alley as my shack and is less than half a block away! It's a great thing to have so near by. I've decided to borrow a movie or two. They have a collection of DVDs that rivals any video store and they are free.






5:00pm New Supplies
While watching my video (I rented the wierdest thing - the first part of the Shogun TV series. I've never seen it. It's pretty good) I look at some new stuff: 2 Gloria rosaries, a bunch of St. Christopher Vehicle badges that will be gifts, and 60 inexpensive crucifixes for the knotted twine rosaries I'm making.





7:00pm Homework
My first homework of the summer. I read and take notes on my textbook for class. It's a class about animal sex. Basically. My Breviary waits in the background because I haven't said the evening office yet.




Bonus Picture: Taken at 9am CST (7am west coast time)



Getting dressed. Way to make getting dressed look totally un-sexy. Woot!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Have you been tested for Celiac Disease? I had debilitating migraines for 17 years and, since going off all wheat gluten and flour, I've had ZERO (in a year and a half, so far). It has changed my life.

Not to be all up in your business or anything... just noticed the migraine prescriptions and remembered my "former life" of migraine hell and thought I'd suggest it, just in case.

Cheers from a fellow 12-of-12-er.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Saint Kurt said...

I think I've had every test on the planet for everything. :-)

They started on my 31st birthday. No one knows why. I've heard of Celiac Disease being related, but in my case it's not. I am on a pretty strict diet though - it seems like every food has caused headaches in someone at somepoint and they can't seem to narrow it down.

Thanks for the suggestion and your concern.

-e

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home